Réseau Grand Ouest
RGO is a sustainable public procurement of innovation network with around 100 members - all public authorities from the West of France. Founded in 2006, the main priority for RGO has been to help public authorities to integrate social and environmental criteria in their tenders and to stimulate exchange of good practice and knowledge between its members.
RGO participated to the "Assises européennes de la transition énergétique", taking place in Bordeaux from the 24 to the 26 January 2017. Le R.G.O. co-organized a workshop : "Using the leverage of procurement to support the development of the green electricity sector in France. During the workshop, the participants of the RGO network, the City of Lorient and Nantes Métropole presented their experience.
What have we been up to?
- RGO organised its annual event in November 2016 on the transposition of the European Directive on sustainable procurement in the French Law
- Three SPP Awareness days: SPP Awareness Days in Le Pays du Mans the 13 October 2016
- Attended Procura+ Seminar in Rome in October 2016
- RGO organised during the Climate Chance event in Nantes, from the 26 to the 28 of Sept. 2016, a workshop with ICLEI and SKAO (a Foundation owning the CO2 Performance Ladder) on "The power of public procurement as a leverage to stimulate sustainability and to have a positive impact on climate"
- An annual meeting in September 2016 on social and solidarity economy in Lorient
- 10th anniversary celebrations in June 2016
- Set up of five working groups on sustainable development topics such as green purchases
- Ongoing workinhg group on CSR (Corporate Social Responsability) in public procurement
- Three SPP training sessions on topics such as sustainable purchases and food and catering in Vannes the 26 September 2016
- Through their GPP helpdesk activities RGO supported the following members in implementing SPP policy or to improve their commitment: The city of Saint- Sébastien sur Loire, Communauté de communes d’Erdre et Gesvres, Angers Loire Métropole
- Ongoing partnership with the ATTF (Association des Techniciens Territoriaux de France) and the AAP (Association of the public purchasers)
A RGO video on sustainable public purchases
Name of the network:
Réseau Grand Ouest commande publique et développement durable
Bretagne, Normandie (Basse- Normandie), Pays de la Loire, Indre et Loire, Nouvelle-Aquitaine (Poitou-Charentes et Limousin) and Centre-Val de Loire (France)
100 public authorities
SPP Regions partners involved:
To learn more: RGO website
- A general Assembly is planned the 4th of April
- One day feedback on CSR planned the 4th of April
- A second webmatinale in June on a topic yet to be decided
- Two new working groups on organic food and catering and sustainable highways
- New tools and guides from working groups
- Collaboration with other networks
Results so far:
- A guide for RGO participants and people involved on "Integrate sustainability in the purchases of gas and electricity"
- A guide for RGO participants and people involved on "Reservation of public procurement for the benefit of people away from employment and with disabilities"
- Webinar organised by Planet Procurement planned the 10th of November on Benchmarking study of SPP program “How to successfully implement a sustainable procurement programme – Lessons learned from 6 programmes around the world”
- A trimestral newsletter for RGO's participants
Laurence Cesbron, Chief of administrative and financial projects and European relations of RGO